What is Help Me Grow?
The Great Start Collaborative in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties in collaboration with United Way for Southeastern Michigan is now able to offer the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE) online and FREE to all children in these three counties between the ages of 1 months and 6 years.
Help Me Grow provides:
- Child development awareness and support for families and children
- FREE Ages and Stages Developmental Screening
- Access to community resources
- Training for health care providers
- Call center in each county to support parents of kids up to age 8
What is the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ)?
The ASQ is a highly reliable and valid developmental screening tool developed by researchers. This screening tool is comprised of easy to read developmental checklist meant to monitor children’s development from ages 2 to 60 months. There is a screening tool which focuses on general development (ASQ-3) as well as a screening tool for social emotional development (ASQ: SE). All checklists are available in both English and Spanish. For more information about the Ages & Stages Questionnaires, visit www.agesandstages.com.
What are the specific goals of this project?
- Children–developmental delays are identified early; families are connected to appropriate early intervention services and community resources
- Families–gain a better understanding of their child’s development (including social and emotional development)
- Professionals–understand the importance of developmental screenings as a first indicator for developmental delays
- Community–increase use of developmental screening; build community data to be used for future planning and advocacy efforts
Who are our partners?
Community partners include pediatricians, hospitals, health departments, parent educators, home visitors, child care and early education professionals.
How is this project funded?
Great Start Collaborative funding from the Early Childhood Investment Corporation/Office of Great Start as well as United Way for Southeastern Michigan.
Contact us for more information or ways to get more involved.
13305 Reeck Rd., Suite 120
Southgate, MI 48195